- [OpenVMS: VAX/Alpha]
- The download is a VMS-format ZIP file.
- Usage Notes
Define "sz" and "rz" as foreign symbols. If you don't know how to do that, please email me.
Enter the command "sz" without arguments to display a list of options. "rz" and "sz" have the same options.
- Burn ODS-2 CDs. Doesn't require a CD burner on the VMS system.
- All (documentation)
- Details regarding various serial and network connectors and cables (DB-9, DB-25, MMJ, RJ-45, etc.).used on VMS systems, Cisco routers, serial, 10Base-T, FDDI over copper (CDDI), DECservers, Flowpoint routers, and more!
Fix file attributes of VMS BACKUP savesets
- OpenVMS (all hardware platforms
- The command procedure below sets the RMS file attributes of a file to those expected for a VMS BACKUP saveset. If you FTP a BACKUP saveset, the file attributes will be mangled. If you use ASCII transfer, all is lost. But, if you use Binary transfer, the attributes can be fixed by this procedure. N
- Usage Notes
- This procedure does not work on VAX/VMS versions 5.5 and prior because it uses the SET FILE/ATTRIBUTES command.
$! RESET_BACKUP_SAVESET_ATTRIBUTES.COM $! $! P1 is the specification of the BACKUP saveset $! $! This procedure resets the record format and record $! length attributes of a BACKUP saveset -- savesets $! can get "broken" during certain sorts of file $! transfers -- such as FTP. This procedure reads the $! (undocumented) saveset record attributes directly $! out of the target file. $! $! First render the saveset readable, and implicitly $! check that the file exists. $! $ Set File - /Attributes=(RFM:FIX,MRS:512,LRL=512,ORG=SEQ,RAT=NONE) - 'p1' $ $ Open/Error=whoops/Read BckSaveset 'p1' $ Read/Error=whoops/End=whoops BckSaveset Record $ Close/Nolog BckSaveset $ $! Find the blocksize from within the record... $ $ BlockSize = 0 $ BBH_L_BLOCKSIZE = %x28*8 $ BlockSize = F$CVUI(BBH_L_BLOCKSIZE, 32, Record) $ If BlockSize .lt. 2048 .or. BlockSize .gt. 65535 $ Then $ Write sys$output "Unexpected block size" $ Goto whoops $ Else $ Set File /Attributes=(RFM:FIX,LRL='BlockSize', - MRS='BlockSize',RAT=none) - 'p1' $ endif $ exit $WHOOPS: $ Write sys$output "Error" $ exit
For more information on our products and services or a free consultation, click on the button below to contact Quayle Consulting.