OpenVMS and Virtual Systems
Whether you call it VMS, OpenVMS, or VAX/VMS, this operating system is still in use for critical business operations by many companies – large and small.
These facts mean that your investment in software and licenses needs to be protected! All hardware will fail, it's just a question of when. By creating a virtual system, you can keep moving forward to the latest hardware and not have to change a thing. And that new hardware means that your virtual system will keep getting faster as the newest hardware keeps getting faster.
Both of these products pass the hardware test suites to verify that they're a real VAX or Alpha. Some other things you need:
- DEC/Compaq/HP software licenses can be transferred to the emulated system -- your license investment is protected.
- HP OpenVMS software support is available when running on HP hardware.
- Oracle RDB licenses can be transferred to the emulated system. Oracle does all its VAX development with Charon-VAX! (PowerPoint)
- Q-bus hardware can be directly supported, or completely replaced.
- Many licenses from companies that are no longer in existence can be migrated with QCI's System Identification Change product.
The Charon products successfully run the VMS version of these products:
- Oracle RDB
- ENVOX and CHIP process control software
- System 1032
- Ross System's UserBase
- All DEC compilers (C, Fortran, Macro, etc.)
- Customer-written programs
Click one of the buttons below for more information on our VAX or Alpha emulation products for OpenVMS systems or to contact us!