Data Conversion Services
Quayle Consulting Inc. performs unique data
- Reading floppies and tapes for use on modern Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Special services include:
- Prepare customer systems for use on an emulator such as CHARON-VAX.
- Conversion of floating point data into open formats, such as
- Conversion of VMS 64-date values into open formats.
- Conversion of RT-11 and other PDP-11 format floppies.
- Rebuild of boot sectors from improper OpenVMS backups.
Please fill out the form below with your requirements. Please contact us for
recommendations before shipping your disks or tapes.
Quayle Consulting can accept the following media:
- 8 inch, 5-1/4 inch and 3.5 inch OpenVMS, DOS, Windows,
Unix and Linux floppy disks
- Linux format and VMS format CD-ROM and DVD
- 3-1/2 inch magneto-optical (MO) disk
- 8-bit and 16-bit StorageWorks disk unit
- 50-pin and 68-pin SCSI disk, no enclosure
- IDE disk, no enclosure
- 9-track tape, including 800, 1600, and 6250 BPI
- DLT Tape formats: DLTape IV (DLT-IV), DLTape III (DLT-III)
- DEC Tape formats:
- TK50 (CompacTape)
- TK70 (CompacTape III)
- TZ30; TZ85; TZ86; TZ87
- TZ884 4 mm DAT (TLZ07, TLZ09) DDS-1, DDS-2, and DDS-3
- 8 mm (Sony QG-112M)
- 1/4 inch ("quarter inch") cartridge (DEC TZK10)
- Iomega Ditto 2 GB tapes:
- TR-1 (QIC-80 Travan)
- TR-3 (QIC-3020 Travan)
- Iomega Ditto 2 GB and 3.7 GB
- QIC-3020 Wide (3020XLF)
- QIC-3020 (3020XL)
- QIC-80 Wide (5122)
- QIC-80XL (2120XL)
- QIC-80 (2080 or 2120)
We cannot read the following:
- Apple Mac disks
- CP/M disks
- Disks that have "hard sectors', such as IBM word processor
Note: Quotes are for disks and tapes created with standard backup utilities. Any non-standard
backup software will require research on a time-and-materials basis.
Quayle Consulting Inc.
provides a complete menu of services, including:
Quayle Consulting in the news
Quayle Consulting information
OpenVMS is a trademark of Hewlett-Packard.
CHARON-VAX and CHARON-AXP are trademarks of Stromasys.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation, USA.